Over the last 7 months I’ve been on a weight loss journey. As every journey is there are ups and downs. I’ve lost about 37lb and I’m working on more. With my sister getting engaged last week and a wedding to look forward to I have all the more incentive to drop more and get even healthier however as time goes by there are certain foods that I love and really miss.
Like a good Shawarma Sandwich. There is a fast food place here that makes an incredible one and its a huge challenge for me not to pick up the phone and order. While at face value a basic sandwich may not seem so bad there are so many factors that make it unhealthy. Firstly the portion size is much larger then I need and second there tends to be a high level of sodium in fast food items.
Today, really hungry, I ran into the grocery to grab some items to make lunch. I passed the bakery section and caught sight of the Lafas and instantly I was craving a Shawarma sandwich. I remembered I had at home some fabulous Shawarma spice, so I grabbed the Lafas and some chicken and came home to create.
And what came out was UTTER perfection, beyond what I could have imagined!! This recipe is for sure being added to my repertoire of easy dinners!
|Prep Time||15 Min|
|Cook Time||10 Min|
- 4 Chicken Breasts or Deboned Thighs
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP Pereg Shwarma Spice If you can't get hold of the spice - equal parts paprika, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, allspice, coriander and salt
- 4 Lafas
- Chop Chicken into bite size pieces.
- Toss Chicken with olive oil and Shawarma Spice.
- To cook either fry in a frying pan with a small amount of oil or heat a stove-top griddle and cook or a George Foreman would work well too.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop tomato and cucumber into small cubes.
- Lay out Lafa and smear humus.
- Layer the Shawarma pieces with the chopped veggies and tahini.
- Wrap and Enjoy!!
If you loved this recipe check out my Quick and Easy Dinners! Recipes added often!
Leave a Reply